one hundred years of solitude




The question, who's your favorite author? is too easy for me to answer: my love for Gabriel Garcia Marquez is that of public knowledge. 
I was in high school when I first read 100 Years of Solitude and it was love at first sight! What I most enjoy about Marquez's novels is how he mixes reality with fiction and facts with fantasy. Latter I bought every book written by Marquez and translated to Portuguese and spent around 4 years just reading Marquez! The past few months I decided to reread 100 Years, but very slowly... to appreciate every single phrase, to understand every character. Unfortunately, I finished it today. 

(The photo belongs to Chole Giordano, she embroided this beautiful cover for the Penguin edition of the book this year. The ant is just perfect! It's related to the Buendia family's faith: the first in line is tied to a tree and the last is being eaten by ants.)

1 comment: